Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken!

I honestly cannot remember where I got this recipe from...I think I mashed it all together from either Everyday Paleo or another fantastic and one of my favorite Paleo blogs, Nom Nom Paleo. I'm pretty sure its from Nom Nom Paleo and then when she used something I couldn't find or buy, I flipped over to the tried and true Everyday Paleo and prolly took some stuff from there and mashed it in together to make this wonderful Crock Pot chicken...

Here is what you will need!!!

Small chicken, between 4-5 lbs. Make sure you keep in mind how big your crock pot is!!

2 white onions

1 tsp seasalt

2 tsp paprika

1 tsp cayenne pepper

1 tsp white pepper

1 tsp poultry seasoning
                         OR
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tarragon
1 bay leaf

1 tsp garlic powder!

Here is what you do!!

Take those onions and peel them and then cut them up, pretty thick. Then unwrap your chicken, wash it off a little and then pat it dry with some paper towels. Make sure you don't forget to take the bag of "stuff"  out from inside the bird. That would be bad.

While the bird is drying off, mix all the spices together well.

Then take those spices and really rub them into the bird...everywhere!

Then take the chunks of onion that you previously cut and throw them in the crock pot. I even stuffed a few of those onions where the bag of "stuff" previously was...but that is up to you!

Then place the bird in the pot on top of the onions.

Turn on the crock pot on low. I cooked mine for about 5 1/2 hours. And it came out wonderful.

Enjoy and if you make it, make sure you let me know how it turned out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment