Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My apologies!!!

Yikes!!! I’ve taken a little bit of time away from the blog….but I have a few good reasons!
The Soldier came home for the holiday weekend and instead of just spending a total of two days (one full day and two half days) at home, he got to be here for three whole days and two half days! I was super happy! So while I did cook for him, as evident by the numerous posts after this one, we did hang out, watched some TV, went to a movie and then ate at a wonderful Mexican food restaurant (that most certainly was not Paleo). He also killed some spiders for me and mowed the backyard. He also had to do some time in at SavannahSoldierLand. All in all, it was a fabulous weekend and I hated to see him go as I don’t think that he is going to be home for the better part of a month. That makes me sad and Itchy confused and Sully non-plussed at life.
My workouts the week before have been very little. I had started to do wonderful things with my running workouts but all of the sudden, my right knee started to hurt. I thought that it could possibly be because I maybe overcompensating for the healing ankle…but then my left knee started to hurt. I talked this over with The Soldier and we have thought that basically, I needed new running shoes (YIPPIEE! I LURVE SHOPPING!!!). So I have been doing a lot of ab work and a lot of pushups and I don’t like it.
My plans for this week are rather silly. For three years I have been following a little legal battle/case law thing. For some reason, I really took interest in the Caylee Marie Anthony case in the middle of 2008. I really believe it is because of my wonderful niece, Jaylee. JayJay (my name for my niece) is three and has these huge blue eyes and is a treasure; just as I assume Caylee was. For a quick background, Caylee went missing in June, 2008. Her young mother failed to alert the authorities for 31 days. The young mother then told very many lies about who took Caylee. In December of 2008, Caylee’s little body was found in the swamp near where she and her mother lived. For three years, loyal followers of this case have waited for the trial of her mother…which ended up being a Death Penalty case. It started last week and I have watched a lot of it. I feel bad for her cause her defense team is horrible. So…while I am slowly running again…I am also alternating between 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 burpees and 10 sit-ups whenever there is a sidebar or an objection is overruled for the defense team. I did this on Tuesday of this week and could not walk or lift my arms this morning. It works.
So I shall be getting back on track, posting recipes and my workouts and talking about life in general, especially since I will be Soldier-less for the next few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment