Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gadgets! And of course, foods!

Gadgets
You know me! I love me some gadgets in the kitchen. So when I went into my favorite Publix the other day, I saw this beautiful Julienne slicer. I accidentally bought one for my Dad when I was home in February and cooking Paleo for him and his wife. When I first sliced into it and saw that it was a Julienne slicer, I was so mad.
But then, when I couldn’t buy some spaghetti squash, I needed that Julienne slicer!
So, I bought one! And it matched my peeler so I was happy.
And then, made my own Paleo spaghetti!
Here is what you need!!!
1 to 2 lbs of turkey (or I’m sure chicken breasts or cutlets would taste just as awesome)
3 medium sized zucchini
8 to 10 small/medium on the vine tomatoes (but if you can’t find those, I would use grape tomatoes).
3 garlic cloves, minced (or, again more if you are a garlic lovah like me)
1 Tbsp of olive oil.

Here is what you do!!!
Because I was SOOOOO excited to use my Julienne slicer, I sliced up the zucchini’s first.
Then I poured my oil in the skillet, heated that up.
I tossed the zucchini in the heated skillet and let that cook for a bit.
Then I added my loads of garlic. Man, I love garlic.
I sliced the turkey into bite sized pieces and then put those in the skillet as well.
I took the tomatoes and sliced them into halves, then quarters and threw those in the mix as well.
I cooked until the turkey was finished.
I made my own spag!
I added 2 avocados (I know that TWO is a little overkill, but they were about to go bad…) and then cut up some beautiful fruit!
Pretty nice dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment