Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yardwork and some Snacks!!

The Soldier woke up this morning determined to do some yard work. I loathe yard work but agreed that it needed to be done. He was gone for three weeks straight and I am terrified of the mower and we didn't (he bought one today...) own a weed eater. So, needless to say, I let the yard get kinda bad. Like your neighbors down the road who NEVER do anything to their yard. Like the ones my next door neighbors complain about because their yard is beautiful.

But...it's hot.

Or...she may just be tired. Who knows.
See? Even the dogs think its so hot they don't want to go outside!! And that is sayin somethin!!

So...I decided that since The Soldier hadn't eaten breakfast...I would cook up some wonderful snacks for him that would require me to stick around the kitchen for a bit!

I made him those beautiful bacon wrapped peaches that you can find the recipe in one or two posts below.

This time, I totally forgot about putting the balsamic vinegar on them...and they were JUST as tasty.

He loved em!

Then I made Guacamole Deviled Eggs. They are sooo freaking good.

Here is what you need!

6 or 7 eggs (boiled)

1 1/2 avocados...pretty ripe and mushy

mild organic salsa

pinch of sea salt.

Here is what you do!

Boil those eggs!!

Immediately after you boil those eggs, transfer them to an already freezing cold bowl of water and then chill the eggs for about 10 to 15 minutes. This is basically the only way I can peel an egg.

When they are chilled, peel the eggs and then slice them longways.

Take the yolk out of those eggs and put the yolks in a bowl.

Then take 1 1/2 avocados and peel them, remove the pit and throw the avocados into the bowl with the yolk.

I took two heaping spoon fulls of the salsa and put that in the mix with the avocado and yolk. You can use more or less depending on how you like your guac. I suppose that you can even use hot salsa, again, depending on how you like your guacamole.

Mix all of that stuff in the bowl together, really really well.

Toss your sea salt in there as well.

Once you have all of that mixed up really well, take a small spoon, load it up and then deposit it into the hollow part of the egg.

If you want, you can sprinkle a little more sea salt on top of the finished product.

These things are good.

You will probably have some of the mixture left over. Throw that in some Tupperware, making sure you put a pit of the avocado in there to preserve the guacamole mixture.

You can use this stuff again in scrambled eggs, an omelet, even a topping on some meat or a salad. Or you could eat it with a fork.

So then, you ask me..."Laura! What do I do with the half of an avocado that I've got laying around now?!" Well, I will answer you in two ways.

1. Eat it.

2. Cut it up and find some grape tomatoes and put some balsamic on it and eat it.

Your choice!

But I would choose the one with the balsamic. Just in case you REALLY wanted to know what I think!!

Sarah, over at Everyday Paleo has a recipe just like this one and its basically where I got my idea for it from. Hers is a tad different and looks so tasty. Go ahead and take a look at it here. She's got all sorts of wonderful things going on over at that blog. So while you are eating the guacamole eggs with your left hand, surf on over there and read the interesting stuff there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment