Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pulled Pork

I made this meal for The Soldier when I went to Pittsburg for my Kung Fu Cousin’s wedding and he came home to be adult watched by The Two Crazies. He loved it. And so did I.
And I have not stopped mentioning that I made the BBQ sauce myself.
So when The Soldier came home for the holiday weekend (and basically because it was a holiday celebrating him) he requested the Pulled Pork with Homemade BBQ sauce. It was no problem for me to allow that to happen.
I got this recipe from The Food Lovers' Primal Palate…a fantastic website with beautiful pictures.
Pulled Pork with Homemade BBQ sauce! I obviously throw the meat in the slow cooker first and then make the sauce about 1 hour and 15 minutes before the meat comes out of the cooker…
Here is what you need!!
Pulled Pork
3lb Boston Butt Pork Shoulder
1 fist of garlic cloves (peeled) 
3 C chicken broth (Organic and Free-Range if you can!)
Here is what you do!!!
Rinse the pork and pat dry.
Cut slits into the pork and insert garlic cloves. I also added some minced garlic because we love garlic.
Throw that pork in the crock pot and cover with the chicken broth.
Cook the pork on low for 8 hours.
After 8 hours, remove and cool the pork. If it is really fatty, take some scissors and cut the pork off at feed it to drooling dogs, uh…I mean throw it away.
Shred the pork with two forks.
Here is what you need!!
BBQ Sauce
*sidenote....all of this stuff, minus the Sam Adams Summer Ale (although it goes wonderfully with the Pulled Pork!)
1 ¼ C chicken broth (same thing…Organic and Free-Range if you can!)
6 oz of tomato paste (one time I made it with 6 oz of tomato sauce and it was still amazing!)
Juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp of coconut oil
2 green onions
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tsp of spicy mustard
1 tsp of chipotle seasoning
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp of raw (organic) honey
Here is what you do!!!
Heat the coconut oil on medium.
Add the garlic and green onion and sauté that for a bit.
Add the mustard, paprika, chipotle, cumin, salt and sauté that for about 30 seconds.
Add the broth, lime juice, honey and tomato mixture and then whisk it all until smooth.
Bring that to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
Slightly cover it and leave it for about 45 minutes.
When that is done, the pork should be shredded.
Toss the pork with the BBQ sauce and there you go!
So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment