Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And?!?!?! He's back!

After a long two months of The Soldier coming and going....and then a three week period to where he wasn't home at all, The Soldier is BACK!

I cooked his rear end some wonderful squash spag last night with ripe tomatoes and some chicken, added a little spinach and then roasted some baby artichokes for our side. And I didn't take any pictures cause I was just so happy that I was cooking for someone other than ME!!

Its really a funny thing to wait for The Soldier to come home. I mean, I knew he was coming home some time yesterday...but when I got up here in Savannah (8:00am) it was 7:00am there and I don't think he was even outta bed and I texted him and said 'are you on the road or what?!' and he politely (as he always does) that nothing was open yet and he couldn't 'out-process' until things actually opened.

And then he had a ton to 'out-process' so I think by the actual time he left...he might have been re-thinking coming home cause I'm sure that my numerous texts as to when he was leaving was getting rather ridiculous!

So knowing he is on the road and texting him as to where he is at...so I can pin-point his location is stressful! Almost to the point where I want to get in my car, meet him where he is at so that I can see him, hug him and then drive behind his rental car!

Im sure the dogs feel it too. Sully spent the afternoon staring at the window. Itchy spent the afternoon chasing black flys and licking the carpet (so normal).

But...the main thing that I am posting about is....HE IS HOME. And for (knock on wood) awhile.

There are many reasons that I love having him home. Not just the mowing of the yard, killing of the black widows but because it provides motivation, balance and just love in this house. I mean, he walked in the door and I didn't even get to hug him for like 20 minutes!!! Those dogs were all over him like balsamic vinegar on an avocado!!

We are going to Atlanta this week to file something for his Soldierwork and then we are planning on visiting the CrossFit here in Savannah to see if we can fit it all in. I am super excited.

Anywhoodle....the dude is home. Here. With me. And the dogs. I get to cook amazing food for someone else and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment