Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Peaches

Well? I haven’t been that Paleo lately. I have a whole list of excuses but I’m gonna just go ahead and say I was pretty lazy this week.  Also, I hate it when I don’t know when The Soldier is coming home. He was supposed to be home today, 6-17-2011. But thunderstorms overcame Soldierland and he couldn’t fly. So he is flying this evening BUT can’t get all checked out of Soldierland until Monday. Sigh. So another weekend with me and The Two Crazies.
So I haven’t been eating well and it shows and it feels so I decided to make a little something extra Paleo but extra extra fantastical this evening after chomping on nuts and hard boiled eggs today. I cruised around the web and found a neat Paleo website called Following My Nose. It’s packed full of recipes so I dove in and right off the bat found one for Bacon Wrapped Peaches
Well, as you know…I happen to now live in Georgia and there are plenty of peaches here. You MUST make this. It is amazing. I also added it to a salad with some Top Sirloin slices.
Here is what you need!
2 pretty big peaches
6 slices of bacon (cut them in half so you have 12 pieces of bacon)
12 fresh basil leaves
Some balsamic vinegar
Here is what you do!!!
Preheat your oven to 350. The slice your peaches in half and remove the seed.
Then take those halves and cut into three slices per each half.
Then, take one of those basil leaves and wrap it around the peach.
Then take a slice of bacon and wrap that around the basil leaf and peach slice.
Place the wrapped up peach on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven.
Cook for 15 minutes and then turn the peach to its other side.
Cook for another 15 minutes.
At this time, check your peaches. Is the bacon pretty darned crispy? If so, then take em out. If the bacon is almost ready, stick the peaches back in for 3 or 4 more minutes.
Once they are finished, put them on a plate and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on them. I didn’t try it without, so I don’t know for sure, but I would think they would be perfection without the balsamic as well.
So I had some baby spinach lying around as well as some top sirloin fillets. I seared the filets about 3 minutes each side, then cut them up into slices. I put the spinach in the bowl first, topped with slices of steak and then put four peaches on each side.
Terrific!!

No comments:

Post a Comment