Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Working Out (sadface)

Burpees
So, I’m really out of shape. Like super duper out of shape. I hate that. I used to love working out and running and doing classes. I ran a marathon, for goodness sake.
I got a little discouraged when I gained all the weight. I got all down on myself because I and only I added the weight and it was very preventable. And I figured, shoot! Damage done. I can never recover from what I’ve done or allowed to happen.  Thus, not only getting fat, I also became grossly out of shape. So I didn’t want to feel even worse by setting out to run and not being able to go any distance.
Well. Everyone has to start somewhere.  Embarrassing as it is, I have to start somewhere. I also have to start slow due to the fact that I, apparently, have no idea how to run on a treadmill and am still recovering from the ankle that decided to break in half. I am out of the ugly brace but there are certain times where the ankle politely (not) reminds me that it’s been wounded.
I talk a lot about Everyday Paleo, not only the blog but the new cookbook. In that cookbook, there is a workout plan. The beginner (or otherwise known as the ‘hey you be outta shape, girl! Workout) is perfect for me to start slow.
So here is what I did today:
Ran 1 mile in my neighborhood.
Walked ½ mile in my neighborhood.
10 body weight squats
10 push-ups on my knees
10 Everyday Paleo sit-ups
11 burpees (I’m trying to do as many burpees as the date. I can do them all throughout the day…if I remember and don’t kick myself in the butt when I forget and have to do all of them during my workout)
Four laps around our ginormous yard.
For my cool down, I put on New Politics song “Dignity” and danced with the poopsters in the back.
Decent workout. I did pretty much the same yesterday except I only ran ½ mile and didn’t do sit-ups or the walk. I was sore this morning, but the good, oh hi! I’m alive sore. I’m gonna do a similar workout tomorrow cause this weekend, we have a guest coming and I really don’t want to work out while The Soldier and I have a guest.
That’s it! I’m off to figure out what to make for dinner and listen to people sing on American Idol and hate on them and J-LO’s outfits and hair. Also I have a feeling I will be yelling at The Two Crazies for a while…they won’t shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment