Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Thursday, May 19, 2011

P.P.P!!!

Or...as my mom used to say, Pretty Pretty Princess (when referring to me, of course!),

But no, this isn't about my royalty. This post is about Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes!!

I used to hate anything having to do with pumpkin except the seeds. I would buy pumpkin after pumpkin only to roast the seeds! But when The Soldier and I decided to go on this Paleo kick...we realized that pumpkin can make anything bland, better! And anything that we USED to eat, edible!

Here is what you need!

pinch of baking soda

pinch of salt

1/2 Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice

                                               OR!!!
(make your own pumpkin pie spice:
     1/2 tsp cinnamon
     1/2 tsp nutmeg
     1/4 tsp ground clove)

1/2 C almond flour

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/4 C pumpkin puree

1 Tbsp raw, organic honey

2 eggs

Here is what you do!

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix it up.

Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix it up.

Toss the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix that up very well. Then let it sit for about 3 minutes.

Then spray your skillet with some Pam or Coconut Oil Spray (my new love!!). I also put a tiny bit of coconut oil in the skillet as well cause I am still a fat kid!

Take a 1/3 C measuring cup and dump it into the hot skillet.

These are going to be darker, thicker and more orange than normal pancakes, so don't be alarmed. You will also need to watch these as they cook very fast!!

I also needed some greens with my dinner/breakfast. So I pulled out some wonderful bacon and a bag of baby spinach.

I cut the bacon into pieces.

Then I cooked it for a bit.

Once it got more crispy and cooked, I threw in the whole bag of baby spinach.

I stirred it around and watched it wilt.

Once the spinach was all pretty much wilted, I removed from the heat. It makes enough for a good serving for your dinner as well as plenty enough for breakfast tomorrow!

I also served this with the awesome fruit salad I made the other day.

While my pancakes were sliiiiiightly burned, they were fantastic, especially topped with some more raw organic honey.

I most certainly enjoyed my dinner!!!

Happy eating!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have some fancy food taking camera, that food looks amazing, thanks for the recipe. Now if you would just post that roast one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the roast one!!! Its like two below this one!!! Its got coffee in the title. and I just have this little camera, the one that I couldn't work at the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete