Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jerky...

Hello my dear friends!!! I feel so sorry that I have been away from the blog. I didn't feel right posting this week because after The Soldier left, I was very non-Paleo and threw myself a pity party. I thought I was over that and it seemed as if I was not. Now my shorts are tighter and I am kicking myself in the rear end.

BUT!!! The Soldier should be home in about 7 hours and he gets to stay for like three days instead of 1 1/2! Yea for us! And he always kinda gets me back into the game.

But first! I have a ton of wonderful blogs that I follow. Sometimes one or two of those awesome blogs will have links to some pre-made Paleo snacks that always sound wonderful. And I am always willing  to give some of those snacks a try. I know that The Soldier isn't eating 100% wonderfully while he is in Soldierland. So I decided to try out some pre-made, pre-packaged snacks that he could open on the go and be satisfied.

I don't know about you, but I love me some jerky. And I am very lucky to have found Sophia's Survival Food. You guys gotta try this stuff out. It is fantastic jerky. There are three different "seasonings": original (loved it!), mild (amazing! just a tiny little bite) and spicy (I cannot handle spicy food...not at all but this stuff has a good bite but it is fantastic!!).

As you can read on Sophia's page, she explains, in detail, how the jerky is made including how she finds the grass feed meat, how she makes it and her own personal journey within the Paleo world. It is very inspiring and a great site to read and keep up with!

On top of it all, her prices are so minimal that you don't feel bad about buying five or six bags of these meaty treats. And to make matters even better, Sophia happens to be a super nice person with wonderful customer service practices. Each time I have made an order, I get a personalized little note back with encouragement on not only my Paleo journey but my blog as well.

I'll be trying out other snacks in the near future, but so far, I have to say that these jerky chews are top notch. Give em a try and you can tell her Laura from Fattkidgonepaleo sent you!!!

Happy snacking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment