Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Friday, May 13, 2011

Quick snack!

Blech. Today started off a little rough for me. I believe that I am getting a cold. My throat hurts, my nose is super runny and I have a cough. So I was slow getting things taken care of today and I had a ton to do. The Soldier is coming home for the weekend and the dogs have left all their garbage and their laundry every where. They don't do their dishes, either.

So I finally got around to unpacking from the Pittsburgh Kung Fu Cousin wedding, threw some clothes in the laundry, cleaned the bathroom, dusted and then took the Dyson for a spin and cleaned up my neato kitchen.

My plan for this afternoon is to go do a workout, go grocery shopping (as I did a much needed fridge clean out) and start cookin for The Soldier's weekend home. But before I go run around the neighborhood on a Friday night (anxiety, anxiety!!!) I needed to eat a little something. I didn't take many pictures of this one but here is what I ate.

The Pig (or the Piggly Wiggly, laugh all you want, they have great produce!) had some amazing strawberries so I washed a few of them, sliced them and ate em.

Then I took half a lb of already cooked shrimp, took the tails off and then coated them in some melted coconut oil. Then I threw them in a skillet that was sprayed with some coconut oil spray (hard to find but soooooooo worth it!) and already heated up. I sauteed those shrimp for a bit. While they were cooking, I cut, peeled and de-seeded (is that the right word for it??) two small, almost ripe (so kinda hard) avocados and then threw those in the skillet. Cooked those for a bit, all together with the shrimp.

Then, I ate em. It was good.

Now, I'm going to go get on my workout clothing, get my mp3 player (a Zune, it rocks) and run for a bit, come back do some situps and some push-ups and maybe some lunges.

Watch out, Pooler!!! Im running!

1 comment: