Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Cooking, everyone!!!

So this year I am twice as wonderfully lucky. Not only is The Soldier home, but my in-laws are driving all the way from New Mexico and Arkansas to enjoy Thanksgiving with us and The Two Crazies (which will be Three Crazies cause my brother in law and sister in law are bringing their puppy, V).
So, I’m not sure I’m going to take pictures of everything but I just wanted to share with you guys what I was going to cook for this fabulous party!!
I’m making the same awesome turkey that I made last year from Everyday Paleo. It worked so well and was so easy. And THAT is what I need since I am cooking for five!
For the stuffing, I am using a recipe from The Food Lovers' Primal Palate. Their new book, Make It Paleo, is so awesome and I’m using a couple of their things exclusively from their book for this spread as well! The stuffing will be pork stuffing with tons and tons of fresh herbs!
I got one can of cranberry sauce cause that is just tradition. But I am also making some Sour Cranberry and Orange sauce from a wonderful new website that I enjoy, Jen's Gone Paleo.
For some fruit and some savory, I’m going to make some Prosciutto Wrapped Pears from Everyday Paleo’s Thanksgiving recipe that was posted last year. I’m dying to try some tomorrow, of course, just to make sure I want it on my table. Wink Wink!
I’m making the Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, of course. I got three heads of lettuce because I think that this will be a favorite. There are tons of recipes out there for this, but my favorite is from Paleo Comfort Foods!
I’m going to butter up some Green Beans in lieu of a casserole. This recipe is coming from, once again, Make It Paleo.
For the dessert group, I’m going to make some dates stuffed with goat cheese because it sounds good. This is from The Food Lover's Primal Palate (authors of Make it Paleo). I want to try a few of these tomorrow as well, you know, juuuuust to try em.
And I’m making Everyday Paleo’s Pumpkin Pie with the crust being made from almonds and pecans. I’ve made this 10 plus times in the last year and can’t wait to serve it to my family!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment