Sully1

Sully1
Sully the sous chef

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Vacation, being fat and goals!

Man oh man!  I have been horrible with this here blog! I do have an excuse!  The Soldier and I were packing up his stuff to go away from the Americas and for our first vacation in years!!! I’ll some pictures to keep you jealous

This is in Wolf, Wyoming. My friend, Katie Brewster (my best friend Annie's sister) got married here and those are the tables for the reception.

This is The Soldier and I, waiting for the wedding to start!
And then??? There she was. She was BREATHTAKING!!!
I think this is one of the last acceptable pictures of the night. Did I mention that there was a fully stocked open bar?
ahhh!!! The prettiest and most awesomenest people in the world! Annie B and me!
Me, Katie and The Soldier. Pay no mind to the bottle in my hand.
And then THIS happened. (sidenote...i DID save the wine)
But alas….all good fun had to come to a very very very quick end. We got in at 4am and I was back at the airport at 11am, dropping The Soldier off for a little bit. So I had my non-Paleo pity party and then uploaded pictures and re-realized that I am still fat.
We ate horribly on our vacation (well....The Soldier didn't)

(and I most certainly did)
 and I feel fat and without energy and my stomach pain has seeped right back into my body. So…I am going to go all crazy Paleo and CrossFit these short days until The Soldier comes back and need some support from my friends and family!!!
I made a couple of pretty good treats although the almonds need to be eaten with caution. You can (and will) want to eat them all.
I boiled eggs.
Do you guys need a lesson on boiling eggs? Good. My only secret is when the eggs are finished being in the hot water, put them in a big bowl of cold water
 and throw them in the freezer for a little bit. Not until the water freezes over, but this just keeps them from overcooking. Trust me.

Roasted Rosemary Almonds (from NomNomPaleo)
Here is what you Need!!
2 cups of raw almonds
1 TBSP of grass fed, organic butter
2 TBSP of dried rosemary
Seasalt
Pepper (if you want…I never want!)

Here is what you do!!
Heat the butter in the skillet.
When it’s almost melted, throw the almonds in, moving them around, making sure that they are getting coated in the butter.
Then add the salt and rosemary.
Cook these guys for about 5 minutes…sometimes more. Your house is going to smell fantastic.
Take them off the burner and quickly put them in a bowl and let them cool, because they are hot and will (and have) burn your mouth!
They are fantastic!!
So…I’m going to try to make this short amount of time with The Soldier being gone productive and hopefully healthier and skinnier. It’s a goal, but while it seems so darned easy, it has proved to be hard for me!!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment